Re: Postfix, LDAP, Active Directory, NOT exchange

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2006
      On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 10:01:39AM +0000, james@... wrote:

      > So that when an email enters, if a user does not already have a mailbox,
      > postfix (through LDAP) queries Active Directory to check if a user exists
      > (using either "mail" attribute, or the sAMAccountName, or whatever you
      > suggest) and then if user exists on AD, creates a mailbox on postfix.

      Define "mailbox"? Postfix is not an IMAP or POP server. How are the users
      going to access their mail?

      * Login to Unix and use "mutt", "elm", "pine", ... ?
      * Via qpopper or similar that access /var/spool/mail/$user mboxes?
      * Via WU-IMAP (which also supports mbox)?
      * Via Courier IMAP?
      * Via Dovecot?
      * Via Cyrus IMAP?

      Understanding this first is critical.

      > --------------------------------------
      > server_host = server1.schooldomain.local
      > server2.schooldomain.local
      > server3.schooldomain.local
      > server_port = 389
      > search_base = OU=StaffUsers,,dc=schooldomain,dc=LOCAL
      > query_filter = (mail=%s)
      > bind_dn = CN=PostfixBind,OU=Users,DC=schooldomain,DC=LOCAL
      > bind_pw = postfixpassword
      > version = 3
      > result_attribute = (mail)

      The result_attribute value is wrong, have you tested this table with
      "postmap -q" as advised in DATABASE_README or LDAP_README? Did you or
      will you first test your system with indexed files (dbm, hash, btree or
      cdb) and only then try LDAP?