Re: whitelisting ip addresses

  • richard lucassen
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
      On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 15:05:31 +0100
      mouss <usebsd@...> wrote:

      > > I want to implement whitelisting of ip addresses even when the ip
      > > address is on one of the blacklists:
      > >
      > > Example: 1.2.3.4 is on the SpamCop blacklist. Although, I
      > > explicitely want to receive mail from 1.2.3.4. Is this the way to
      > > implement this?
      > >
      > > smtpd_client_restrictions =
      > > check_client_access cidr:/etc/postfix/whitelist
      > > reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net
      > >
      > > And in /etc/postfix/whitelist:
      > >
      > > 1.2.3.4 OK
      >
      > That's ok for smtpd_client_restrictions. If you have reject_rbl_client
      > in other smtpd_*_restrictions, you need to do the same.
      >
      > That said, spamcop is not designed to be used this way. either use it
      > in a score based system (policyd-weight or spamassassin), or if you
      > really insist, use it as Rob does:
      > defer_if_reject reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net
      > (though he does it with rbl_reply_maps). This will return a 4xx error,
      > so the client would retry. In the mean time, the client may have been
      > removed from SCBL or you could find it in the logs and whitelisted it.

      I just want to use it for a few servers that get really often on the
      lists (smtpXX.wxs.nl where 01 <= XX <= 29) and a few customers are
      complaining that mail gets rejected from the domains behind these
      servers. They prefer slightly more spam than these occasional rejects.

      It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak
      aloud and remove all doubt.

      | Richard Lucassen, Utrecht |
      | Public key and email address: |
      | http://www.lucassen.org/mail-pubkey.html |