Postmail configuration

  • Philip Beattie
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2006
      Hi all,

      We are replacing an old RedHat mail server with a new Debian Sarge mail
      server.

      At present our domain with ISP is dom1.com and our domain name on our
      old RedHat server was dom1.com

      We have set up our new Sarge server with domain dom2.com

      We need to (in the short term) pickup all mail for dom1.com from our ISP
      and deliver it to users on our new server (dom2.com). Out-going mail (in
      the short term) needs to appear to come from dom1.com. The users are the
      same on both servers.

      Can anyone help with a simple set of instructions and/or config files to
      help? I'm totally lost and confused with the documentation I've read.

      We are using;

      Fetchmail 6.2.5-12
      Postfix 2.1.5-9
      Procmail 3.22-11

      Thanks in hopeful anticipation
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2006
        Philip Beattie a écrit :
        > Hi all,
        >
        > We are replacing an old RedHat mail server with a new Debian Sarge mail
        > server.
        >
        > At present our domain with ISP is dom1.com and our domain name on our
        > old RedHat server was dom1.com
        >
        > We have set up our new Sarge server with domain dom2.com
        >
        > We need to (in the short term) pickup all mail for dom1.com from our ISP
        > and deliver it to users on our new server (dom2.com). Out-going mail (in
        > the short term) needs to appear to come from dom1.com. The users are the
        > same on both servers.

        - "inbound" mail. configure fetchmail to fetch from the ISP and inject
        into postfix. see below for a sample .fetchmailrc.

        - "outbound" mail. use smtp_generic_maps to rewrite foo@... to
        foo@....

        smtp_generic_maps = hash:$dir/generic

        ==== generic
        @... @...

        ======== .fetchmailrc
        #use daemon mode, with a sleep of 600 seconds (10 min):
        set daemon 600

        #use syslog:
        set syslog

        #set postmaster address
        set postmaster <postmaster@...>

        #no backscatter: don't bounce, send to postmaster
        #instead, bad mail is sent to postmaster
        set no bouncemail

        #default proto is pop3.
        defaults proto pop3

        #domain to append to non-fqdn addresses
        smtpaddress dom2.example

        #inject mail to 192.0.2.25, port 11025.
        smtphost 192.0.2.25/11025

        ##### main accounts
        #mchilali (services: abuse, dnsbl, catchall, ...)
        poll pop.dom1.example
        user "philip" there has password "XXXXXXX"
        is "philip" here