Re: moving the queue

  • Justin Krejci
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
      On Wednesday 01 February 2006 04:40 am, Gabriel Craciun wrote:
      > Hello!
      >

      > I use postfix as a "relay" on RHEL 3.
      > In order to upgrade my machine i setup a new one, very similar.
      > Still i have some mail in queue. Is there any method to move the
      > messages from the queues between these two machines?
      >
      > TIA

      You can specify the other box as a fallback_relay or if you are not using a
      transport table you can specify the other box as a relayhost.

      http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html will describe those options.
    • PostfixSupport
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
        > I use postfix as a "relay" on RHEL 3.
        > In order to upgrade my machine i setup a new one, very similar.
        > Still i have some mail in queue. Is there any method to move the
        messages from the queues between these two machines?

        Can you afford to just leave the unit online long enough for the queue
        to clear naturally? Just point your MX at the new box so that all
        deliverys go through it and leave the old one up for the 2 to 5 days
        necessary for everything to deliver or bounce.

        Bob