moving the queue

  • Gabriel Craciun
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1 2:40 AM
      Hello!

      I use postfix as a "relay" on RHEL 3.
      In order to upgrade my machine i setup a new one, very similar.
      Still i have some mail in queue. Is there any method to move the messages from the queues between these two machines?

      TIA
    • Justin Krejci
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1 2:46 AM
        On Wednesday 01 February 2006 04:40 am, Gabriel Craciun wrote:
        > Hello!
        >

        > I use postfix as a "relay" on RHEL 3.
        > In order to upgrade my machine i setup a new one, very similar.
        > Still i have some mail in queue. Is there any method to move the
        > messages from the queues between these two machines?
        >
        > TIA

        You can specify the other box as a fallback_relay or if you are not using a
        transport table you can specify the other box as a relayhost.

        http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html will describe those options.
      • PostfixSupport
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1 6:22 AM
          > I use postfix as a "relay" on RHEL 3.
          > In order to upgrade my machine i setup a new one, very similar.
          > Still i have some mail in queue. Is there any method to move the
          messages from the queues between these two machines?

          Can you afford to just leave the unit online long enough for the queue
          to clear naturally? Just point your MX at the new box so that all
          deliverys go through it and leave the old one up for the 2 to 5 days
          necessary for everything to deliver or bounce.

          Bob