Re: Connection timed out errors

  • Troy Davis
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2006
      From: "Duncan Hill" <postfix@...>
      To: <>
      Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 7:35 PM
      Subject: Re: Connection timed out errors

      > On Wednesday 01 February 2006 08:56, Werner Detter wrote:
      >> Troy Davis wrote:
      >
      >> > Feb 1 07:48:09 spider postfix/smtp[28181]: 1A9E64A803:
      >> > to=<pat_alanhutch@...>, relay=none, delay=72436,
      >> > status=deferred (connect to btinernet.com[38.119.83.27]: Connection
      >> > timed out)
      >
      >> werner@phoenix:~$ dig btinernet.com MX +short
      >> werner@phoenix:~$
      >
      > At a guess, that should be btinternet.com, not btinernet.com - thought
      > btinernet.com is a valid domain, Polish owner, PSI.net netspace.
      > Btinernet.com web wise redirects to one of those placeholder 'search'
      > engines, so I'm not sure anyone would be sending e-mail there.

      You might be right with this one, I have sent an email to
      pat_alanhutch@... and it has not come back user unknown. And I
      guess the other one sbcglobal.com must be simply having problems. The
      customer has been blaming my mail server. I know have some answers for her,
      Thankyou all for your replies

      Regards Troy
    • Charles Marcus
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2006
        > You might be right with this one, I have sent an email to
        > pat_alanhutch@... and it has not come back user unknown. And I
        > guess the other one sbcglobal.com must be simply having problems. The
        > customer has been blaming my mail server. I know have some answers for
        > her, Thankyou all for your replies

        Interesting... we had an issue sending to someone in that domain just a
        couple of weeks ago - and they, too, were blaming us, but it turned out
        to be them...
      • Mike Morris
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2006
          On 2006/02/01, Troy Davis wrote:

          > guess the other one sbcglobal.com must be simply having problems. The
          > customer has been blaming my mail server. I know have some answers for her,
          > Thankyou all for your replies

          Your users need to learn to pay attention to email addresses.
          sbcglobal.com is not used for email; sbcglobal.net is.