Connection timed out errors

  • Troy Davis
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2006
      Are "Connection time out" error a problem with my server or the receiving
      server?
      Any help appreciated

      Feb 1 17:32:00 spider postfix/smtp[9747]: 8184C4A7EB:
      to=<glenn-o@...>, relay=none, delay=317649, status=deferred
      (connect to sbcglobal.com[144.160.134.61]: Connection timed out)

      Feb 1 07:48:09 spider postfix/smtp[28181]: 1A9E64A803:
      to=<pat_alanhutch@...>, relay=none, delay=72436, status=deferred
      (connect to btinernet.com[38.119.83.27]: Connection timed out)

      Regards Troy
    • Troy Davis
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2006
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2006
          > You might be right with this one, I have sent an email to
          > pat_alanhutch@... and it has not come back user unknown. And I
          > guess the other one sbcglobal.com must be simply having problems. The
          > customer has been blaming my mail server. I know have some answers for
          > her, Thankyou all for your replies

          Interesting... we had an issue sending to someone in that domain just a
          couple of weeks ago - and they, too, were blaming us, but it turned out
          to be them...
        • Mike Morris
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 1, 2006
            On 2006/02/01, Troy Davis wrote:

            > guess the other one sbcglobal.com must be simply having problems. The
            > customer has been blaming my mail server. I know have some answers for her,
            > Thankyou all for your replies

            Your users need to learn to pay attention to email addresses.
            sbcglobal.com is not used for email; sbcglobal.net is.