duplicate_mark

  • brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2006
      I've just been told that a new POP3 account on our server has been
      receiving duplicate emails. The user says that some mesages had to be
      deleted "9 times". There have been several client "issues" already with
      this mailbox, so i'm not yet convinced that this an issue with the server.

      However, i found these (and others like them) in maillog [some info
      protected]:

      Jan 31 15:16:36 [HOST] lmtpunix[20480]: duplicate_check:
      <5BF517FE6DA2E043B5B83C9962AED6E001BE8B39@...>
      [DOMAIN]!user.[USER] 0
      Jan 31 15:16:36 [HOST] lmtpunix[20480]: duplicate_mark:
      <5BF517FE6DA2E043B5B83C9962AED6E001BE8B39@...>
      [DOMAIN]!user.[USER] 1138738596 2

      Jan 31 15:19:43 [HOST] lmtpunix[23456]: duplicate_check:
      <5BF517FE6DA2E043B5B83C9962AED6E001BE8B3D@...>
      [DOMAIN]!user.[USER] 0
      Jan 31 15:19:43 [HOST] lmtpunix[23456]: duplicate_mark:
      <5BF517FE6DA2E043B5B83C9962AED6E001BE8B3D@...>
      [DOMAIN]!user.[USER] 1138738783 3

      I'm trying to decipher some meaning here. What does the zero after the
      duplicate_check lines signify? The second to last field in the
      duplicate_mark line appears to be a timestamp, but what do the 2 and 3 mean?

      And then, more generally, what do these lines mean at all? Googling
      "duplicate_check" didn't bring up anything very enlightening.

      brian