Re: Strange postfix-amavis problem

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2006
      Yusuf TAMBAG a écrit :
      > thank you mouss,
      > when i get that error, postfix defers the message and puts the message
      > in its deferred queue. Of course, it eventually sends the message, but
      > message is delayed :(. I'll investigate the source of the problem, but
      > putting in while loop may be acceptable because i don't think it will
      > take more than 3-4 retries to successfully connect to smtp. I don't
      > reload or restart postfix while sending mails. The problem may sometimes
      > occur even sending a single e-mail.

      Then try to find the source of the problem. amavisd should have no
      problem connecting to the "next" smtpd. check all postfix logs for
      possible errors. If you have too much mail, make sure your "last" smtpd
      (after the filter) doesn't run too few processes compared to what you
      receive. It is possible that your before-the-filter smtpd and amavisd
      are too fast for the after-the-filter smtpd. This is rare, and if so,
      you should find a real solution instead of a hack.

      If you get more infos on what is happening, please post it.
    • Yusuf TAMBAG
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2006
        Hi All,

        I installed postfix-2.3-20060112 and linked
        /opt/csw/lib/i386/libsasl2.so.2 to /usr/local/lib/libsasl2.so and
        problem disappeared. I don't know which one did the trick.