Re: deferred mail expire limit

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2006
      Sandy Drobic a écrit :

      > I decided to use a transport to a relay host for the troublesome servers
      > that blocked dynamic ips in suche an abrasive way. It works for the few
      > domains that I encountered so far.

      Note that some people use block lists for dynamic IPs that have their
      own definition of what a dynamic IP is. In particular, MAPS RBL (now
      acquired by trend micro...) and SORBS are known to "abuse the system"
      (do they deserve being called power hungry weenies?). unfortunately,
      many people use sorbs. Of course, most missed the fact that sorbs have
      blocked the postfix ML (at least) twice last year (I mean 2005). M.S. (I
      respect his goal) explained that it was a human error, but I don't rely
      on "human errors". as the Chinese saying goes: if someone beats you
      once, it's his fault. If he beats you twice, it's yours.

      best wishes for everybody on list, net and/or earth, even the bad ones
      (including myself;-p).
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2006
        Magnus B?ck:
        > > postfix/smtp[7610]: E1477490: to=<_address_>, relay=_host_[_ip_], delay=
        > > 435490, status=deferred (host _host_[_ip_] refused to talk to me: 554-{mx049}
        > > Your address is listed as dynamic ...
        > > postfix/qmgr[452]: E1477490: from=<leva@...>, status=expired, returned
        > > to sender
        >
        > The server gives a permanent error code. Why would Postfix defer this
        > for days instead of bouncing it right away?

        Because people expect this, the RFC notwithstanding.

        http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtp_skip_5xx_greeting

        Wietse
      • LeVA
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 2, 2006
          2006. január 2. 02:43,
          Wietse Venema <wietse@...>
          -> Postfix users <postfix-users@...>,:
          > > The server gives a permanent error code. Why would Postfix defer this
          > > for days instead of bouncing it right away?
          >
          > Because people expect this, the RFC notwithstanding.
          >
          > http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtp_skip_5xx_greeting

          Thanks, this solved it.

          Daniel

          --