Re: ETRN and permit_mx_backup

  • Pavel Urban
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2006
      Pavel Urban wrote:
      > Wietse Venema wrote:
      >
      >> Pavel Urban:
      >>
      >>> Hello,
      >>>
      >>> is it possible to allow etrn for all domains that our server serves
      >>> as backup mx? Ie something like permit_mx_backup for
      >>> smtpd_etrn_restrictions... I've tried to search in archives and found
      >>> only my own, pretty old question.
      >>

      >> permit_mx_backup
      >> Permit the request when the local mail system is
      >> backup MX for
      >> the RCPT TO address, or when the address is an
      >> authorized desti-
      >> nation (see permit_auth_destination for definition).
      >>
      >> It requires a recipient address.
      >>
      >> For ETRN access, why not specify the network blocks that cover
      >> your customers?
      >>
      >> Wietse
      >

      > I wrote 'something like' ;-) ETRN also requires recipient address, so I
      > thought it could work the same way.
      >
      > Right now I have only 'permit' in smtpd_etrn_restrictions; of course I
      > can replace it with restriction that allows only our customers in. But
      > it doesn't work unrestricted, so why to restrict it further? Or am I
      > getting something wrong?
      >
      > For the example I gave below - both domains have our server as backup MX
      > in DNS. The second one is also in relay_domains.
      >

      >>> Right now, I have
      >>>
      >>> smtpd_etrn_restrictions = permit
      >>>
      >>> , but etrn works only for domains listed in relay_domains.
      >>>
      >>> [root@mta-test ~]# telnet relay.iol.cz 25
      >>> Trying 194.228.41.114...
      >>> Connected to relay.iol.cz (194.228.41.114).
      >>> Escape character is '^]'.
      >>> 220 Internet On Line ESMTP server
      >>> ehlo pupu
      >>> 250-relay.iol.cz
      >>> 250-PIPELINING
      >>> 250-SIZE 13721600
      >>> 250-ETRN
      >>> 250 8BITMIME
      >>> etrn papcel.cz
      >>> 459 <papcel.cz>: service unavailable
      >>> quit
      >>> 221 Bye
      >>> Connection closed by foreign host.
      >>> [root@mta-test ~]# telnet relay.iol.cz 25
      >>> Trying 194.228.41.114...
      >>> Connected to relay.iol.cz (194.228.41.114).
      >>> Escape character is '^]'.
      >>> 220 Internet On Line ESMTP server
      >>> etrn ardo.cz
      >>> 250 Queuing started
      >>> quit
      >>> 221 Bye
      >>>
      >>> Postfix 2.1.5 on RedHat Linux.
      >>>
      >>> Thanks!

      OK, just one more question please - should I take it as this is normal
      behaviour and I coudn't achieve what I need?

      Thanks!

      Pavel Urban (pavel.urban@...)
      IOL system disaster
      Internet OnLine, owned by Cesky Telecom, a.s. (www.ct.cz)
      Vegetables should not operate electronic equipment.
      Computer Stupidities, http://rinkworks.com/stupid/