Re: Test server?

  • Kelly Sauke
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
      Yegor Gorshkov wrote:

      > Hello, world.
      >
      > Is there a way to copy (relay) every message received by the PostFix
      > server
      > to some other server, while still processing "local" copy of the email
      > as usual?
      >
      > The idea behind it is simple - I need to test new email server under
      > real load,
      > while production server should still run 24x7.
      >
      > Any ideas?
      >
      > Thank you
      > Yegor Gorshkov

      check out the config option always_bcc.
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
        Yegor Gorshkov a écrit :
        > Hello, world.
        >
        > Is there a way to copy (relay) every message received by the PostFix server
        > to some other server, while still processing "local" copy of the email
        > as usual?
        >
        > The idea behind it is simple - I need to test new email server under
        > real load,
        > while production server should still run 24x7.
        >
        > Any ideas?

        you could use virtual aliases. something like:

        foo@... foo@..., foo@...

        then tranport other.example to the test server.

        if you only want to test the load, you can use bcc features.

        In all cases, a delivery error will generate a bounce to the sender. you
        may use soft_bounce on the test server to minimize this.