Test server?

  • Yegor Gorshkov
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
      Hello, world.

      Is there a way to copy (relay) every message received by the PostFix server
      to some other server, while still processing "local" copy of the email
      as usual?

      The idea behind it is simple - I need to test new email server under
      real load,
      while production server should still run 24x7.

      Any ideas?

      Thank you
      Yegor Gorshkov
    • Kelly Sauke
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
        Yegor Gorshkov wrote:

        > Hello, world.
        >
        > Is there a way to copy (relay) every message received by the PostFix
        > server
        > to some other server, while still processing "local" copy of the email
        > as usual?
        >
        > The idea behind it is simple - I need to test new email server under
        > real load,
        > while production server should still run 24x7.
        >
        > Any ideas?
        >
        > Thank you
        > Yegor Gorshkov

        check out the config option always_bcc.
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
          Yegor Gorshkov a écrit :
          > Hello, world.
          >
          > Is there a way to copy (relay) every message received by the PostFix server
          > to some other server, while still processing "local" copy of the email
          > as usual?
          >
          > The idea behind it is simple - I need to test new email server under
          > real load,
          > while production server should still run 24x7.
          >
          > Any ideas?

          you could use virtual aliases. something like:

          foo@... foo@..., foo@...

          then tranport other.example to the test server.

          if you only want to test the load, you can use bcc features.

          In all cases, a delivery error will generate a bounce to the sender. you
          may use soft_bounce on the test server to minimize this.