Re: if /var/spool greater than /var[VASCL:A122B71924C]

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2005
      On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 11:01:17AM -0500, Richmond Dyes wrote:

      > yeskw@... wrote:
      >
      > >is it possiable this will cause postfix to run more slowly ?
      > >
      > >/dev/hda7 3.1G 268M 2.7G 10% /var
      > >/dev/hda9 1.1G 536M 441M 55% /var/log
      > >/dev/hda2 31G 1.4G 29G 5% /var/spool
      >
      > This should have no bearing on the performance.

      However if the syslog server is very busy writing to /var/log and Postfix
      is very busy writing to /var/spool, there may be a log of seeking. Using
      a single filesystem (or controller with battery backed cache) may be
      faster, as the filesystem activity for logging and message delivery
      will be in blocks that are on average closer to each other.