Re: Digest of postfix-users list V1 #1183 (recipient validation)

  • Rick Zeman
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 28, 2005
      Rick Zeman
      Information Technology Department
      Melwood Horticultural Training Center, Inc.
      301.599.4560
      <http://www.melwood.org>

      >>> Victor.Duchovni@... 11/28/2005 9:15 PM >>>
      On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 09:03:23PM -0500, Rick Zeman wrote:

      > > [ Wietse ]
      > >
      > > The unverified_recipient_reject_code parameter (default 450)
      > > Change this setting to 550 when you trust Postfix's judgments.
      >
      > [ You ]
      >
      > I can't grasp why changing the reject parameter is only changing the
      > 450/550 behavior for *outbound* mail (outbound being from
      > mydomain->world), but not for inbound mails
      (world->postfix-groupwise).

      > rzeman@mailhub:/etc/postfix> postconf -n
      > unverified_sender_reject_code = 550

      |Is it clearer now?

      It's clear that I need to go find an Exchange box to administer or
      something. I don't know how many times I looked at that without seeing
      that. :-(