Re: Trouble with amavis after SpamAssassin rules update

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 28, 2005
      At 01:55 PM 11/28/2005, Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
      >I did an update of SpamAssassin 3.0.4 rules emporium
      >update a couple of
      >hours ago and since all mail stopped working and this
      >is the last
      >messages in the amavis log when I try restart of
      >amavisd-new:
      >
      >Nov 28 14:44:32 esmtp.webtent.net
      >/usr/local/sbin/amavisd[52341]:
      >starting. /usr/local/sbin/amavisd at
      >esmtp.webtent.net
      >amavisd-new-2.3.1 (20050509), Unicode aware
      >Nov 28 14:44:32 esmtp.webtent.net
      >/usr/local/sbin/amavisd[52341]: Perl
      >version 5.008004

      Nothing interesting there...

      Try running "spamassassin --lint" to see if there is a
      problem with the rules you downloaded.
      Revert to an earlier rule set, or delete the offending
      rule file.
      Run amavisd-new in debug mode: amavisd debug
      or in spamassassin debug mode: amavisd debug-sa

      Consider using rules_du_jour to update your SARE
      rules, as it checks updated rules with --lint before
      installing them, and keeps a backup of the last
      working rules.

      Further questions to either the amavis-users list or
      the spamassassin-users list, please.

      --
      Noel Jones