content encoding: binary ?

  • Alexander Kolesnikoff
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 28, 2005
      Can postfix transfer messages with "Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary" ?

      Alexander
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 28, 2005
        Alexander Kolesnikoff:

        > Can postfix transfer messages with "Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary" ?

        Does Postfix announce BINARYMIME in the SMTP server EHLO response?

        Wietse
      • Alexander Kolesnikoff
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 28, 2005
          Mon Nov 28 19:16, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:
          > Alexander Kolesnikoff:
          > >
          > > Can postfix transfer messages with "Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary" ?
          >
          > Does Postfix announce BINARYMIME in the SMTP server EHLO response?

          No, of course. I'm just have some trouble while M$-Exchange send
          replication messages through postfix.

          Thank you for your answer.

          Alexander
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 28, 2005
            Alexander Kolesnikoff:
            > Mon Nov 28 19:16, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:
            > > Alexander Kolesnikoff:
            > > >
            > > > Can postfix transfer messages with "Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary" ?
            > >
            > > Does Postfix announce BINARYMIME in the SMTP server EHLO response?
            > >

            > No, of course. I'm just have some trouble while M$-Exchange send
            > replication messages through postfix.

            If Microsoft wants to send binary data, they must encode it, just
            like every mail system has to. Microsoft will have to play by the
            rules of the RFC.

            Wietse

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 28, 2005
              On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 07:49:32PM +0700, Alexander Kolesnikoff wrote:

              > Mon Nov 28 19:16, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:
              > > Alexander Kolesnikoff:
              > > >
              > > > Can postfix transfer messages with "Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary" ?
              > >
              > > Does Postfix announce BINARYMIME in the SMTP server EHLO response?
              > >

              > No, of course. I'm just have some trouble while M$-Exchange send
              > replication messages through postfix.

              It is not a good idea to insert Postfix into internal Microsoft Exchange
              mail flows. Only give Postfix mail that is *entering* or *leaving*
              exchange. Don't include Postfix in Exchange routing groups.

            • Covington, Chris
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 1, 2005
                On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 07:49:32PM +0700, Alexander Kolesnikoff wrote:
                > Mon Nov 28 19:16, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:
                > > Alexander Kolesnikoff:
                > > >
                > > > Can postfix transfer messages with "Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary" ?
                > >
                > > Does Postfix announce BINARYMIME in the SMTP server EHLO response?
                > >

                > No, of course. I'm just have some trouble while M$-Exchange send
                > replication messages through postfix.
                >
                > Thank you for your answer.

                Why Postfix involved with your replication? And what kind of
                replication? SMTP domain replication is not recommended vs. DCE/RPC.

                ---
                Chris Covington
                IT
                Plus One Health Management