301309RE: Can Postfix automatically add line "Resent-From: " in the header?

  • Xie, Wei
    Jul 29, 2014
      Viktor,

      >> Here we have a question about postfix. When the message passes by
      >> Postfix, can Postfix automatically add line "Resent-From: <OSU email
      >> address>" in the header?
      >
      >That would be wrong. "Resent-From:" is appropriate when a user takes a message delivered to his mailbox (possibly long after initial delivery) and resends it >to another user (typically not an original recipient). It is not appropriate for simple forwarding to a recipient's mailbox.

      We understand what you mean. Just boss ask whether the change can be made.

      >>Whatever in-band signalling you might need should be something other than "Resent-From" (usually accompanied by Resent-To, Resent-Date, and Resent->>Message-Id).

      If we like to add line Resent-to: <OSU email address>, is it possible for Postfix?

      >> If the forwarding is via local(8) aliases, the "Delivered-To:" header may be something along the lines of what you're looking for.

      The forwarding is not in local aliases. We have 100,000+ forwarding accounts. It is tough to add so many forwarding accounts into 8 Postfix servers and keep real time update.

      >> There are also various extensions to Postfix to handle SPF and SRS.

      Would you please talk a little more about above topic?

      Thanks,

      Carl