301308RE: Can Postfix automatically add line "Resent-From: " in the header?

  • Xie, Wei
    Jul 29 11:17 AM
      Wietse,

      >>How would Postfix know out that mail is forwarded from OSU Microsoft exchange servers?
      Postfix only receives all outbound emails from 8 exchange hub servers. The email received by Postfix is probably 1) osu.edu account to non-osu.edu account; 2) osu.edu account to osu.edu forwarding account which is non-osu.edu email address; 3) non-osu.edu account to osu.edu forwarding account which is non-osu.edu address.

      >>Is it mail with a non-OSU envelope sender from a system inside OSU?
      Not really. For example. Somebody from his/her yahoo account sends an mail to my osu.edu email which is forwarded to my Hotmail account.

      >>Must it also have a non-OSU envelope recipient?
      From postfix logs, recipient address must be a non-OSU envelope recipient.

      >>If the rule is complex, then I recommend using an external content filter. Amavisd-new supports policies that trigger on all kinds of message properties. Postfix just an MTA.

      When I sent the mail to ask, I feel our rule is a little complicated. Can't Postfix header_checks perform too complicated rules? Amavisd-new maybe another big change to us, but this is option.

      Thanks,

      Carl