301024Re: Experimental TLS auth fallback code

  • Eray Aslan
    Jul 15, 2014
      On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 04:42:32AM +0000, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
      > smtp_tls_fallback_level (default: empty)
      >
      > Optional fallback levels for authenticated TLS levels.

      Nice. I am guessing the motivation is making dane easier to deploy,
      especially for early adaptors, by decreasing the fall out in case the
      receiver domain makes a mistake in his/her settings. Thanks.

      > smtp_tls_audit_template (default: empty)
      >
      > Optional template for tls audit logging at the completion of each mes-
      > sage data transfer. If empty (the default setting) no TLS audit log
      > entries are generated.

      Flexibility is nice. Let's not lose it but my guess is having a/some
      predefined template(s) -none, low, high?- will make it easier to
      maintain. Otherwise, I am afraid it will just be copy and paste from
      some web page and parsing logs will be harder than it needs to be.
      There will be too many varations around to use a standart script.

      A general discussion for postfix logging might be in order as well.
      This parameter will set the expectations for (future?) log
      configuration.

      --
      Eray
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic