299006Re: Reject client from domains without MX records

  • lists@rhsoft.net
    Mar 28, 2014
      Am 29.03.2014 00:43, schrieb Pau Peris:
      > I don't think that's about reading but about experise. Which takes time after reading

      no, it's a matter of read, try and try again, been there done that

      > I will reenable sasl globally again while i try to understand it all
      > I'm unsure if login sender mismatch can have any side effect for incoming email once global sasl auth is activated

      as said: read the documentation, especially for params you are usinf

      "reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch" contains the word "authenticated"
      http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch

      > Sent from my Android mobile, excuse the brevity.
      >
      > On Mar 29, 2014 12:30 AM, "lists@... <mailto:lists@...>" <lists@... <mailto:lists@...>>
      > wrote:
      >
      > sorry, you need to read manuals and try some things at your own
      > if you can't handle it why do you remove auth globally?
      > in general don't change defaults for no good reason
      >
      > Am 29.03.2014 00:21, schrieb Pau Peris:
      > > Could you be more explicit or place an example on how should main.cf <http://main.cf> <http://main.cf> should
      > stay after removing
      > > the sasl params and how should master.cf <http://master.cf> <http://master.cf> look please?
      > >
      > > Thank u so much!!
      > >
      > > Sent from my Android mobile, excuse the brevity.
      > >
      > > On Mar 28, 2014 10:21 PM, "lists@... <mailto:lists@...> <mailto:lists@...
      > <mailto:lists@...>>" <lists@... <mailto:lists@...> <mailto:lists@...
      > <mailto:lists@...>>>
      > > wrote:
      > >

      > > Am 28.03.2014 20:33, schrieb Pau Peris:
      > > > I think everything was working fine but after update main.cf <http://main.cf> <http://main.cf>
      > <http://main.cf> file i'm
      > > seeing the following warning
      > > > for emails incoming outside the box, postfix/smtpd[15455]: warning: restriction
      > > > `reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch' ignored: no SASL support
      > > >
      > > > The previous warning is show when i send an email from GMail to a domain whose email is managed by me.
      > > >
      > > > Basically what i did is:
      > > > * Remove permit_mynetworks where i think it shouldn't be.
      > > > * Disable smtp auth globally and enable it at submission 587 and smtps 465.
      > > > * Remove the deprecated smtp_use_tls/smtpd_use_tls statements
      > >
      > > `reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch' has a clear context to SASL auth
      > > just don't list SASL related params in main.cf <http://main.cf> <http://main.cf> if "disable smtp auth
      > globally"
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic