298993Re: Postfix: Block all inbound and outbound access but allow all for one user

  • Shawn Zaidermann
    Mar 28, 2014
      Well I did look that over but I am looking for the opposite. It mentions it is left as an exercise for the reader to determine a scheme to block most users access and only allow some (or in my case, just myself, the admin). Also this only touches on outbound. I also need to restrict inbound for everybody except myself. I have a feeling that permit_mynetworks should come first under smtpd_recipient_restrictions. Now Im trying to figure out whether I need transport maps or classes or how I would set this up. Also I did group my restrictions separately for each section, meaning client, sender etc. But I see it is better practice to include them all under smtpd_recipient_restrictions

      On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 6:50 AM, Noel Jones <njones@...> wrote:
      On 3/28/2014 4:06 AM, cybermass wrote:
      > Hi. I need to restrict access to only my internal domain but allow those in
      > permit_mynetworks to receive and send to any outside domain such as
      > gmail.com or so. So all users can only email each other in the local domain
      > but the admin in mynetworks may access the outside. Should I use the
      > transport maps? So far to restrict access to just the internal domain, I
      > simply reject all for client, sender and recipient, and helo. My
      > restrictions for each look like this:
      > permit_mynetworks,
      > permit_sasl_authenticated,
      > reject
      > for each one. It may seem redundant, but now I need mynetworks to access the
      > outside so everything has to change. How do I go about doing it right?
      > Thanks,
      > Shawn

      Maybe this helps:

        -- Noel  Jones