298981Re: Reject client from domains without MX records

  • lists@rhsoft.net
    Mar 27, 2014
      PLEASE LEARN TO USE YOUR MAIL-CLIENT AND HOW TO QUOTE

      * do not top post
      * do not post HTML
      * do not reply only to your own questions while you refer to answers
      * if you continue that way of posting i just ignore you

      this is a completly unreadable thread in the meanwhile
      that below is hardly a response to my last message

      back to topic:

      * why would you like to spoof root?
      * mails of cronjobs and such things are using the sendmail binary
      * the sendmail binary has *no relevance* to SMTP restrictions because it is not SMTP

      Am 27.03.2014 20:04, schrieb Pau Peris:
      > i understand now the mistake. I'm reviewing the whole restrictions lot to fix permit_mynetworks where it is needed.
      >
      > I'm looking at Postfix site - http://postfix.org/postconf.5.html - for a way to create exceptions as i would like
      > some users like root to be able to spoof their from address but i'm not able to find the right directive. Would you
      > dare pointing me to the right one?
      >
      > Thank you so much. I rally appreciate your help
      >

      > On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 7:53 PM, Pau Peris <pau@... <mailto:pau@...>> wrote:
      >
      > Hi,
      >
      > i didn't configure mynetworks because i mynetworks_style is set to host. I thought it was right thing to do to
      > fit my needs which obviously looks like not. Could you please exaplain me why is it wrong? I think i'm not
      > fully understanding why permit_mynetworks is wrong there.
      >
      > Robert, i'm using Roundcube already configured to connect to smtp and not as sendmail. Thanks for your tip.
      >
      > Thanks again,
      >

      > On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 7:32 PM, Robert Schetterer <rs@... <mailto:rs@...>> wrote:
      >
      > Am 27.03.2014 18 <tel:27.03.2014%2018>:52, schrieb Pau Peris:
      > > If i try to spoof email/sender address through Mozilla Thunderbird i get
      > > the same error message as the one when relaying <user@... <mailto:user@...>
      > > <mailto:user@... <mailto:user@...>>>: Sender address rejected: not owned by user
      > > user2@... <mailto:user2@...> <mailto:user2@... <mailto:user2@...>>; So it
      > looks like the issue
      > > only exists when working locally like through the webmail solution.
      >

      > configure your webmail to use smtp not sendmail binary ( as default in
      > most webmail )
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic