298568Re: Preventing the addition of a 'From ' line with local(8)?

    Mar 9, 2014
      On Sun, Mar 09, 2014 at 11:24:02AM +0200, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

      > It did just as I would expect from the documentation, i.e. local(8)
      > passed the message to maildrop and prepended a 'From ' line:
      >
      > EXTERNAL COMMAND DELIVERY
      >
      > [...]
      > The local(8) daemon prepends a "From sender time_stamp" envelope
      > header to each message, prepends an X-Original-To: header with the
      > recipient address as given to Postfix, prepends an optional
      > prepends a Return-Path: header with the sender envelope address,
      > and appends no empty line.
      >
      > http://www.postfix.org/local.8.html

      The local(8) delivery agent unconditionally prepends "From " except
      when delivering directly to a maildir. There are no configuration
      parameters that enable or disable this behaviour.

      Thus when delivering via a mailbox_command, the "From " line is
      always prepended.