298542warning: open active ***********: No such file or directory

  • Rodolfo González González
    Mar 7, 2014
      Hello,

      a customer is reporting that some of their users tried to send e-mail
      messages using my postfix 2.9.6 server (will be updating soon) but
      messages were not sent. I don't have snapshots of their screens nor
      error messages displayed by their clients yet, but checking the logs I
      find several messages like this one:

      Mar 4 12:40:55 email postfix/smtpd[30013]: ***********:
      client=unknown[a.b.c.d], sasl_method=LOGIN, sasl_username=john.smith
      Mar 4 12:40:56 email postfix/cleanup[30115]: ***********:
      message-id=<*********.***%john.smith@...>
      Mar 4 12:40:56 email postfix/qmgr[21597]: ***********:
      from=<john.smith@...>, size=2509, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
      Mar 4 12:59:57 email postfix/smtp[17624]: warning: open active
      ***********: No such file or directory

      It looks like the queued message is being lost, or it's never written to
      disk, but I have no clue. Any hint is appreciated.

      Thank you.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic