296687Re: relayhost and smtpd_recipient_restrictions

  • Adam Pribyl
    Nov 17, 2013
      On Sun, 17 Nov 2013, Wietse Venema wrote:

      > Adam Pribyl:
      >> Hello,
      >>
      >> we were using postfix as mail server directly delivering email from and to
      >> company without issues. Now we had to change the ISP and the new one
      >> forces us to use his relay as "The next-hop destination of non-local
      >> mail" - this means I only added a directive "relayhost" to our setup.
      >>
      >> With relayhost setup, when local user sends email to non-existant
      >> domain, it just passes the email to relayhost even thou there is
      >> smtpd_recipient_restrictions = reject_unknown_recipient_domain
      >>
      >> When I disable the relayhost, then postfix rejects the emails to
      >> non-existant domain correctly. From a postfix doc it seems the relayhost
      >
      > Then, you have made some configation error. What error?

      Thanks for the answer, here is additional info:

      Then only change in the config is a
      relayhost = aaaaa.aaa.aa
      With relayhost set, the relay says:

      Nov 17 16:34:48 aaaa postfix/smtp[19758]: 018FF37289: to=<aaa@...>,
      relay=aaaaa.aaa.aa[ddd.ddd.dd.ddd]:25, delay=373545, delays=373545/0.01/0.04/0.04,
      dsn=4.1.2, status=deferred (host aaaaa.aaa.aa[ddd.ddd.dd.ddd]
      said: 450 4.1.2 <aaa@...>: Recipient address rejected:
      Domain not found (in reply to RCPT TO command))

      But I'd like those to be rejected by my postfix, not relay. And this is
      what my postfix does, if relayhost is not in config.

      > To report a problem see http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail
      >
      > Thank you for using Postfix.
      >
      > Wietse

      Adam Pribyl

      There is no magic in postfix config:

      alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
      always_bcc = bbbb
      anvil_status_update_time = 6h
      append_dot_mydomain = no
      biff = no
      config_directory = /etc/postfix
      content_filter = lmtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024
      delay_warning_time = 4h
      disable_vrfy_command = yes
      html_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix/html
      inet_protocols = ipv4
      local_destination_concurrency_limit = 1
      mailbox_command = /usr/bin/maildrop
      mailbox_size_limit = 0
      max_use = 10
      message_size_limit = 40960000
      mydestination = $myself $mydomain $myself.$mydomain www.$mydomain
      web.$mydomain mail.$mydomain ftp.$mydomain $mydomain2
      $myself.$mydomain2 www.$mydomain2 web.$mydomain2 mail.$mydomain2
      ftp.$mydomain2
      mydomain = ccccc.cc
      myhostname = $myself.$mydomain
      mynetworks = 127.0.0.1 dd.dd.0.0/12
      myorigin = $mydomain
      parent_domain_matches_subdomains =
      readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix
      receive_override_options = no_address_mappings
      recipient_delimiter = +
      relay_domains =
      relayhost = aaaaa.aaa.aa
      show_user_unknown_table_name = no
      smtp_helo_name = $myorigin
      smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP Welcome.
      smtpd_recipient_restrictions = reject_unlisted_sender,
      reject_unknown_recipient_domain, permit_mynetworks,
      permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination,
      reject_unknown_sender_domain, check_sender_access
      hash:/etc/postfix/sender_checks, check_recipient_access
      hash:/etc/postfix/local_only_access
      soft_bounce = no