295710Re: Testing display name and add a bcc header

    Oct 1 6:49 AM
      Andre Rodier:
      > I would like to know how to test the value of a display name,
      > and if possible, add a BCC header.

      Wietse:
      > > > For instance, emails to "user1 <user@...>" would be bcc'd
      > > > to "user1@...". Is this is possible with postfix?
      > >
      > > That would require a plug-in extension. For example a Python Milter
      > > that gets a copy of each header. At the end of the message it then
      > > invokes "add recipient" actions as appropriate. I have no example
      > > at hand.

      Andre Rodier:
      > In this case, how easy would it be to rewrite the to address?

      That would also require a plug-in extension. For example a Python
      Milter that gets a copy of each header. At the end of the message
      it then invokes a "delete recipient" action to remove the old
      recipient, and an "add recipient" action to add the new recipient.

      I intentionally did not implement every possible feature into Postfix
      itself. There are other MTAs that do that.

      However, I can try to come up with some (Python) Milter examples
      when I have time. Python and Perl are much more suitable for extending
      Postfix than C.