295691Re: email address (user@domain.tld) as username?

    Sep 28, 2013
      On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 12:47:22PM +0200, Peer Heinlein wrote:

      > Am 27.09.2013 15:07, schrieb Harald Koch:
      >
      > > It took me about 1/2 day to set up MySQL-based virtual users, complete
      > > with mail delivery, SMTP auth, and IMAP/POP auth (this is why I went the
      >
      > Use dovecot with a simple passwd-file-setup in /etc/dovecot/userdb and a
      > simple relay-domains setup in Postfix and you'll be ready after half an
      > hour.

      Generally, with dovecot delivery to local files, the destination domain
      should be a virtual mailbox domain, not a relay domain.

      main.cf:
      virtual_mailbox_domain = example.com
      virtual_transport = dovecot
      virtual_mailbox_maps = ${indexed}vmbox

      vmbox:
      # When the virtual transport is not virtual(8), the LHS of
      # virtual_mailbox_maps is used only for address validation,
      # and the RHS is ignored, but must be some non-empty string
      #
      user@... ACCEPT

      If the virtual users are stored in some database accessible to both
      Dovecot and Postfix, use the approrpriate table driver instead of
      the above table.