295689Re: Do not forward spam

  • FliedRice
    Sep 28, 2013
      I have 10 years of sending emails, (because I have e-card sites), and due to
      the volume
      I get a lot of incoming spam. I would like to suggest to you that you are
      not going to stop
      all spam, 100% all the time, no matter what you do. And Though I understand
      your desire to
      to accept all the emails at your server, that leaves you with a bit of a
      backwards conundrum.

      I think you would do well to pay attention to this... At one level you could
      be playing with
      fire by forwarding all these emails. Each ISP has their own filter systems
      in place, and some
      of them integrate services such as SpamHaus or Spamcop. *I have seen emails
      rejected because
      of blacklisted IP addresses and/or blacklisted domain names in the emails.
      So if you forward
      emails that contain blacklisted IP's or domains you are likely to run into
      some difficulty.* For
      that reason alone I would personally attempt to block more known incoming
      spam using DNSBL's,
      especially using the two I have just mentioned. Amongst others, I personally
      use:
      reject_rbl_client sbl.spamhaus.org, reject_rbl_client xbl.spamhaus.org,
      reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net

      If emails are rejected by the clients above, it's generally going to be for
      a good reason, though
      not 100% foolproof, it's a pretty safe bet to use them, and certainly more
      accurate than spam
      filters. In doing so, you will knock down wasted emails, system resources,
      and time. But you may
      also help prevent yourself from getting RED flagged for having blacklisted
      IP's and domain names in
      your outgoing emails.

      Beyond that, shy of manually approving all the other incoming emails before
      forwarding, I would suggest that you consider other options. *AOL has a
      "approved senders list" for it's users*, the users input what email
      addresses they will accept email from, "whitelisting", and the rest is
      rejected. You could do something similiar, even if you simply trash the
      emails that are not on the whitelists. You probably could set it up so that
      any email address in any users contact list simply be added to the
      whitelisting.

      -----
      Free English
      & Spanish
      Ecards for Birthdays, Christmas , holidays, Valentines , Love , & just because!