295616Re: need to purge clamav from postfix configuration

  • Scott Kitterman
    Sep 21, 2013
      On Saturday, September 21, 2013 23:50:00 DTNX Postmaster wrote:
      > On Sep 21, 2013, at 21:29, David Benfell <dbenfell@...> wrote:
      > > At least within postfix, there is a very nice command to just fix the
      > > permissions. (Did Wietse get tired of seeing that particular problem?)
      > > I have no idea what they should be for clamd.ctl because, as near as I
      > > can tell, it isn't a permanent file, so I can't even see it in the
      > > emergency backup I did from a rescue system after the Arch upgrade
      > > hosed my server (which is remote, by the way).
      >
      > This is the socket, and it is or should be created by the ClamAV daemon
      > on startup. Check your ClamAV configuration for details, on Debian the
      > config files are in '/etc/clamav' by default. If there is no entry
      > specifying the location, check the ClamAV docs for the default
      > location, which is probably somewhere in '/var/run' or similar.

      On Debian (and Ubuntu), as root (or using sudo depending on your system
      configuration) run dpkg-reconfigure clamav-base. It will, among other things,
      ask you if you want a Unix socket or a TCP socket and what port to listen on.
      This is documented at the top of /etc/clamav/clamd.conf

      Scott K
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic