295246Re: Log Error, File Nonexistent: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

    Sep 4, 2013
      On 9/4/2013 12:53 PM, FliedRice wrote:
      > Thanks for the clarification Noel & LuKreme because there is an AOL one as
      > well...
      > Sep 3 12:44:24 boaz postfix/smtp[22753]: certificate verification failed
      > for mailin-01.mx.aol.com[205.188.159.42]:25: untrusted issuer
      > /C=US/O=America Online Inc./CN=America Online Root Certification Authority 1
      >
      > Other than those "messages" postfix seems to be working fine. The thing that
      > gets
      > me is that this is a newer version of Plesk, the server is only like 3
      > months old, so
      > when you say it's suppressed in later versions of postfix, it really makes
      > me wonder
      > why Plesk does not offer a more updated version initially.

      Open a support ticket with Plesk.

      > Does anyone know how I can go about suppressing these messages?
      > I know the one for Google is Equifax & the one for AOL is Thawte.

      Most folks just ignore those messages, since they have no importance.

      Theoretically you can track down the public root certs and add them
      to a file, then point smtp_tls_CAfile to it.

      Some distributions offer a root certificate bundle, intended to be
      used with web browsers, that can be used as smtp_tls_CAfile. That
      bundle may or may not contain the roots for these particular certs.
      And many folks intentionally do NOT use the bundle with SMTP, since
      it's hard to know exactly what roots are trusted by the system bundle.