295226Re: Log Error, File Nonexistent: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

  • LuKreme
    Sep 4, 2013
      On 04 Sep 2013, at 02:27 , FliedRice <thepureflow@...> wrote:

      > It looks like gmail knows plenty to me....
      > Sep 4 01:23:59 boaz postfix/smtp[16024]: certificate verification failed
      > for gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.142.26]:25: untrusted issuer
      > /C=US/O=Equifax/OU=Equifax Secure Certificate Authority

      You are misinterpreting that message. It says

      "Hey, I tried to verify the cert that google presented and I can't because I don't trust the CA" and it is NOT saying "Hey, google doesn't trust me."

      That is, the 'failure' is on your side. As has been pointed out upthread, this is not really an error or a failure, but more an informational message (which is why it is suppressed in later versions of postfix).

      --
      Love is like oxygen / You get too much / you get too high / Not enough
      and you're gonna die