295223Is there a way to apply policy only to outgoing mail?

  • Przemysław Orzechowski
    Sep 4, 2013
      Hi

      Im trying to get cbpolicyd to be applied only to outgoing mail (Postfix
      vresion 2.7.0)

      Iv created for this separate transport:

      transport in master.cf
      smtpout unix - - - - 2 smtp
      -o syslog_name=smtpout
      -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=check_policy_service
      inet:127.0.0.1:10031
      -o smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions=check_policy_service
      inet:127.0.0.1:10031

      but for some reason it does not work (postfix is not conecting to
      cluebringer)

      I have also created second instance (for testing purposes) that listens
      on localhost only and placed

      smtpd_recipient_restrictions=check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:10031
      smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions=check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:10031

      in master.cf
      this works ok.

      I'm trying to get a setup where i can limit mails each authenticated
      user can send / hour

      If I setup cluebringer on second instance there is no way (at least i
      coudn't find one) to count mails / authenticated user as they are
      authenticating to first instance wich then sends mails to second instance

      The goal is to accept all mail from authenticated users regardless of
      quota but slow down the outbound mails in accordance to quota

      any suggestions welcome.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic