295123Re: email from comcast.net is bouncing

  • Grant
    Sep 1, 2013

      >>> Looks as if you've found the problem.
      >>>
      >>> Make sure your master.cf has an entry like:
      >>>
      >>> dnsblog unix - - n - 0 dnsblog
      >>
      >> Thank you. I added it and restarted postfix and started to get errors
      >> like these:
      >
      > Postfix always add missing master.cf entries automatically as part
      > of the upgrade procedure. You can break this by restoring an old
      > file after the upgrade.

      I'm on Gentoo and I use the etc-update script to update config files
      after upgrading. Should dnsblog be uncommented in a default
      master.cf? If so I may need to file a Gentoo bug.

      >> Is there a way to verify that everything is working properly?
      >
      > Watch the logs for errors or unexpected behavior.

      I see that the following message received a 450. The IP is not listed
      at dnswl.org and when I look it up it appears to come from China. Is
      this a spoof?

      NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from [183.8.195.26]:3302: 450 4.3.2 Service
      currently unavailable; from=<MASKED@...>,
      to=<MASKED@...>, proto=ESMTP, helo=<gmail.com>

      - Grant
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic