295107Re: email from comcast.net is bouncing

  • Grant
    Aug 30, 2013
      >> I grep'ed the mail logs for dnsblog and got a huge number of these:
      >>
      >> [postfix/postscreen] warning: psc_dnsbl_request: connect to
      >> private/dnsblog service: No such file or directory
      >
      > Looks as if you've found the problem.
      >
      > Make sure your master.cf has an entry like:
      >
      > dnsblog unix - - n - 0 dnsblog

      Thank you. I added it and restarted postfix and started to get errors
      like these:

      [postfix/dnsblog] warning: dnsblog_query: lookup error for DNS query
      MASKED.list.dnswl.org: Host or domain name not found. Name service
      error for name=MASKED.list.dnswl.org type=A: Host not found, try again

      I did some searching and I think this was due to my use of Google's
      DNS resolvers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). I added my host's DNS resolver
      first in the list and the errors seem to have stopped. Is that a good
      config?

      I also read a recommendation to set up a caching nameserver like
      unbound on the same machine as postfix. Is that the right thing to
      do?

      Is there a way to verify that everything is working properly?

      - Grant
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic