295006Re: Disabling user submission on port 25

  • LuKreme
    Aug 26, 2013
      On 26 Aug 2013, at 21:24 , John Allen <john@...> wrote:

      > remove the permit_mynetworks from all the various smtpd_xxxx_restrictions stanzas of main.cf. Then modify the master.cf by adding
      > -o smtpd_client_restrictions=hash:Deny_Mynetworks_Access,.....
      > to the smtp service, and add
      > -o smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_mynetworks,.....
      > to the submission service.
      >
      > This should deny access to the smtp port (25) from the local networks while allowing access to the submission port (587).

      That seem like a bit much. I allow the web-server (which hosts the webmail) in mynetworks, since users mailing from there are already authenticated. I can see there are situations where it would be a good idea.

      --
      "If I were willing to change my morals for convenience or financial
      gain, we wouldn't be arguing, because I'd already *be* a Republican."