295003Re: Disabling user submission on port 25

    Aug 26, 2013
      On 8/26/2013 7:49 PM, LuKreme wrote:
      > OK, now that port 587 is working, I would like to disable user submission via port 25. Not right now, but in a bit once people have a chance to change their settings.
      >
      > What do I do to prevent users sending via port25?

      Super easy...

      # main.cf
      smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = no

      Your master.cf submission entry probably already includes
      -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes

      If not, go ahead and add it to submission now so things don't break
      unexpectedly later.

      This won't prevent users from sending local mail to port 25, but
      they won't be able to authenticate and won't be able to relay. This
      usually isn't considered a problem, and changing it often causes
      other issues.