294783Re: how to see my_networks check in peer_debug, level 2 or greater?

  • /dev/rob0
    Aug 16 4:20 PM
      On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 04:22:50PM -0500, lconrad@... wrote:
      > postconf mail_version
      > mail_version = 2.3.3
      >

      > uname -a
      > Linux ..... 2.6.18-128.2.1.el5 #1 SMP Wed Jul 8 11:54:47 EDT 2009
      > x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
      >
      > got an "access denied" for an IP that is in a /20 postconf confirms
      > is in mynetworks

      If by peer_debug in the Subject header, you are referring to the
      debug_peer_list parameter, that's generally most useful for looking
      for bugs in Postfix itself. Since you are using a version which was
      EOL four years ago, there is no point in looking for bugs.

      Perhaps you'd do better here by describing the problem and goal,
      showing your "postconf -n" and relevant NON-verbose logs for one mail
      which wasn't handled as you expected.

      If your smtpd(8) instance has any -o option overrides, you must show
      those as well. Pro tip: any smtpd or other daemon definition with -o
      overrides should also include a " -o syslog_name=postfix/foo" where
      "foo" is something relevant to what this instance does.

      "Access denied" means a "reject" restriction or access(5) lookup
      result was encountered. There are of course 52.001 gazillion reasons
      which could cause this.

      Good luck. I suggest you review this before posting again: