294646Re: Would somebody let me know what I need to do to improve this setup.

  • Mikael Bak
    Aug 7, 2013
      On 08/07/2013 12:03 PM, John Allen wrote:
      >> Is there any particular reason you need to accept messages 32 GB in size?
      >>

      > Yes. We support a business that designs and manufactures packaging and
      > displays. The sort of thing you might see in the aisle of a supermarket
      > or store selling gum, personal care products. The graphics, art work
      > and design of these need to be sent to the people involved. We have
      > looked into using services like Dropbox but the problem with all of
      > these is copyright. Our customers legal eagles have advise against such
      > services as they may compromise their copyright on anything stored on
      > such services.
      >
      > OT: It is the same advice and reasoning they gave against using public
      > cloud services, some of whose terms of service essentially strip the
      > user of all copyright ownership.

      I don't recall email being the only alternative to public cloud file
      storage solutions.

      Set up a file server of you own and keep copyrights in house.
      32GB sized email messages is a mistake IMO.

      Mikael
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic