294645Re: Would somebody let me know what I need to do to improve this setup.

  • John Allen
    Aug 7, 2013
      On 07/08/2013 2:09 AM, DTNX Postmaster wrote:
      > On Aug 7, 2013, at 02:32, John Allen <john@...> wrote:
      >> root@bilbo:~# postconf -nf
      > [snip]
      >> smtp_tls_cert_file = /root/ssl/certs/KLaM_Mail.pem
      >> smtp_tls_key_file = /root/ssl/private/KLaM_Mail.key
      > http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtp_tls_cert_file
      > Are you sure you need those there?
      > Have a look at your own config, and look up every setting in the
      > documentation. Ask yourself if there are good reasons you are
      > overriding the default, and whether your custom setting still makes
      > sense given the recommendations from the documentation.
      > Mvg,
      > Joni
      I am not sure. One of the problems we have is that a many of our clients
      work force are "road warriors". While SASL allows us to confirm who is
      calling it does not protect the content from snooping, whereas TLS does.
      As some of the Far eastern countries are not averse to pilfering ideas
      we think this is worth while. However, suggestions for alternatives are
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic