294644Re: Would somebody let me know what I need to do to improve this setup.

  • John Allen
    Aug 7, 2013
      On 07/08/2013 1:49 AM, DTNX Postmaster wrote:
      > On Aug 7, 2013, at 02:32, John Allen <john@...> wrote:
      >
      >> root@bilbo:~# postconf -nf
      > [snip]
      >
      >> message_size_limit = 34359738368
      > Compare this to ours;
      >
      > ==
      > $ /usr/sbin/postconf -nf |grep message_size_limit
      > message_size_limit = 31457280
      > ==
      >
      > And the default;
      >
      > http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#message_size_limit
      >
      > Is there any particular reason you need to accept messages 32 GB in size?
      >
      > Mvg,
      > Joni

      Yes. We support a business that designs and manufactures packaging and
      displays. The sort of thing you might see in the aisle of a supermarket
      or store selling gum, personal care products. The graphics, art work
      and design of these need to be sent to the people involved. We have
      looked into using services like Dropbox but the problem with all of
      these is copyright. Our customers legal eagles have advise against such
      services as they may compromise their copyright on anything stored on
      such services.

      OT: It is the same advice and reasoning they gave against using public
      cloud services, some of whose terms of service essentially strip the
      user of all copyright ownership.
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic