294617Re: Three trivial filtering questions

  • Ronald F. Guilmette
    Aug 5, 2013
      In message <520023B2.1070709@...>,
      Noel Jones <njones@...> wrote:

      >On 8/5/2013 4:16 PM, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:
      >
      >>> I see zero value in testing to see if the HELO IP is forged, since
      >>> using any IP seems to be a very strong spambot indicator.
      >>
      >> OK. Works for me! I just wish that it wasn't necessary to
      >> have to run an external PCRE to catch it, and that the
      >> reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname verb actually did what it's name
      >> intutively implies, and what the documentation says it does.
      >>
      >> [A.B.C.D] is distinctly _not_ an FQDN.
      >
      >I can see where one might get confused. I'll submit a one-line doc
      >patch rather than argue the point.

      I have no wish to belabor the point either, however for the record
      I am not confused. An FQDN is an FQDN, and [A.B.C.D] quite certainly
      isn't one.

      I don't know much but I do know that.

      Regards,
      rfg