294614Re: Three trivial filtering questions

  • Ronald F. Guilmette
    Aug 5, 2013
      In message <51FFF9C5.9070409@...>,
      Noel Jones <njones@...> wrote:

      >No. Here, near-zero legit clients use bracketed HELO. Looks as if
      >I've whitelisted 2 clients in the last ~5 years (I see one of them
      >has fixed their HELO sometime since then). That's close enough to
      >zero for me.

      I agree.

      >My solution is to reject everyone that has a bracketed IP in the
      >HELO, using a simple check_helo_access pcre map. I don't care if a
      >spambot is RFC compliant, I still don't want their mail.

      We appear to be in violent agreement.

      >I see zero value in testing to see if the HELO IP is forged, since
      >using any IP seems to be a very strong spambot indicator.

      OK. Works for me! I just wish that it wasn't necessary to
      have to run an external PCRE to catch it, and that the
      reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname verb actually did what it's name
      intutively implies, and what the documentation says it does.

      [A.B.C.D] is distinctly _not_ an FQDN.

      Regards,
      rfg
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic