294604Re: Three trivial filtering questions

    Aug 5, 2013
      On 8/5/2013 3:16 AM, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:
      > In message <51FF2AD2.2080607@...>,
      > Stan Hoeppner <stan@...> wrote:
      >
      >> BTW, if you want to maximize potential hits on RHSBLs just short of
      >> doing body checks, you may want to give Sahil Tandon's TCP server based
      >> RHSBL header checker a spin. It grabs domains from headers and checks
      >> them against the 3 most popular RHSBLs: DBL, SURBL, and URIBL.
      >
      > Thank you. I have just looked at that but I can't see what it does
      > that makes it in any way superior to the built-in restriction verbs
      > that I can (and have) already put in main.cf.
      >

      > Regards,
      > rfg

      The built-in restrictions can check envelope information for
      RBL/RHSBL listings.

      Sahil's lightweight TCP server can also check message headers such
      as Message-ID: and From: header for RHSBL listed domains. Other
      than this clever TCP table, they only other way to check these are
      with a milter or content_filter.

      This used to catch some extra spam, but hasn't been very effective
      for me lately due to changing spammer tactics. YMMV.