294593Re: TLS with Encrypted Private Key

  • Yishen Miao
    Aug 4, 2013
      I'm trying to re-use my SSL certificate for Apache on postfix which is encrypted. It would be convent if postfix can support that.

      Also, an encrypted private key that is read-only for root sounds more secure than a plain one in the worse problem scenarios. :-p

      - Yishen

      On Aug 4, 2013, at 9:54 PM, wietse@... (Wietse Venema) wrote:

      > Yishen Miao:
      >> Hello world,
      >>
      >> I was configuring my postfix server for TLS support today and found
      >> out that Postfix does not support encrypted private key.
      >>
      >> I wonder is there any plan about adding such feature to postfix?
      >
      > There are no such plans. If random people can read a private key
      > file that is read-only for root, then you have worse problems than
      > email security.
      >
      > Wietse
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic