294520Re: smarthost smtp client auth not working

  • bitozoid
    Jul 29, 2013
      Finally it was simple. I had to change port number also in the sasl_passwd file.

      Thanks a lot.

      On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 1:51 PM, DTNX Postmaster <postmaster@...> wrote:
      On Jul 29, 2013, at 13:21, bitozoid <bitozoid@...> wrote:

      > Ops, I found it:
      > warning: xxxxxxxx offered no supported AUTH mechanisms: 'LOGIN'
      >

      > On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 12:14 PM, bitozoid <bitozoid@...> wrote:
      > I'm trying to setup a postfix client that sends every mail to an smarthost. I'm playing around with the configuration to make it fit my needs. So that, I have opened port 25 in the smarthost with no tls and I am sniffing the communication with tcpdump.
      >
      > However, i can't get postfix to send the auth info to the smarthost.
      >
      > In main.cf:
      > broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
      > smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
      > smtp_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
      > smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
      > smtp_use_tls = no
      >
      > I have tried to set -v in master.cf. I get more info en the logs, but it doesn't help.
      >
      > I know this is insecure, but it is just for testing purposes.
      >
      > Thanks in advance

      Make sure the appropriate SASL modules are available. From what I remember, we ran into this problem or something similar on Debian, with systems that were missing the 'libsasl2-modules' package. Other distributions and operating systems may have similar dependencies.

      Mvg,
      Joni

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic