294517Re: smarthost smtp client auth not working

  • bitozoid
    Jul 29, 2013
      Ops, I found it:
      warning: xxxxxxxx offered no supported AUTH mechanisms: 'LOGIN'

      On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 12:14 PM, bitozoid <bitozoid@...> wrote:
      I'm trying to setup a postfix client that sends every mail to an smarthost. I'm playing around with the configuration to make it fit my needs. So that, I have opened port 25 in the smarthost with no tls and I am sniffing the communication with tcpdump.

      However, i can't get postfix to send the auth info to the smarthost.

      In main.cf:
      broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
      smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
      smtp_use_tls = no

      I have tried to set -v in master.cf. I get more info en the logs, but it doesn't help.

      I know this is insecure, but it is just for testing purposes.

      Thanks in advance

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic