294294Re: How best to eliminate "domain mismatch" warning in mail clients when TLS is used

    Jul 15, 2013
      Ben Johnson:
      > On 7/15/2013 1:10 PM, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
      > > On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 12:47:53PM -0400, Ben Johnson wrote:
      > >
      > >> In essence, our clients wish to use their own SSL certificates for their
      > >> SMTP connections.
      > >
      > > Are these submission clients? What does the above mean?
      > >
      > Yes, these are submission clients. To be clear, our clients want to be
      > able to configure their MUAs to use our MTA's submission service via
      > their own domain names. I know; it is not necessarily a rational or
      > reasonable request.

      It's entirely reasonable if they want to be able to change email
      provider without having to update all their clients.

      Unfortunately there are not a lot of development cycles for adding
      a decent SNI implementation to Postfix.

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic