294185FIlename of the email

  • J Gao
    Jul 8, 2013
      Hi, All,

      When my postfix+courier received/sent an email, it will have a file
      which name like this:
      1373311807.V805I31d1928M179657.zeta.veecall.com,S=1456:2,ST

      Can someone explain to me how to understand this name? I mean for
      example like the above one, what is the meaning of "1373311807" and
      "V805I31d1928M179657"?

      In the maillog, postfix use mail ID like "C0A3BC258D", is there a
      relation between this ID and the filename?

      More interested is the last part of the filename. It seems related with
      the status of the mail. (Read/Unread/..etc.). Can you explain more on this?

      Thank you for help.

      Gao
      --
      __