294182Re: Send email for users from any location

  • btb
    Jul 8, 2013
      On 2013.07.08 08.25, Dotan Cohen wrote:
      > Form googling I found this "solution" online but it does not work as I
      > expected.

      instead of googling, simply use the postfix documentation that came with
      the software. your goal is accomplished by implementing smtp auth,
      which postfix offers by way of sasl authentication. to that end, this
      is documented in SASL_README. i would recommend that you use dovecot
      rather than cyrus for sasl. while SASL_README of course includes a fair
      amount of documentation for the associated sasl software, you'll likely
      also want to reference the documentation provided with that software as
      well.

      on a related note, as this is for humans to send mail from their mail
      clients, you'll want to configure a proper submission [port 587]
      service. see the commented example in master.cf for a starting point.
      smtp auth should be offered only via the submission service, and not via
      mx service [port 25]. additionally, encryption should be required for
      submission traffic.

      -ben
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic